Booking Confusion

Stephen

I am trying to book a pool home in the Davenport area for April/May and there seems to be confusion as to whether we can rent or not. Does anyone have any updated information and does it vary from county to county?

Lloyd

Governor DeSantis banned all short term rentals until 1st May, he extended the original ban that was due to expire on the 12th April on the Friday 10th April annoyingly but felt the risk of hotels is less than a vacation home, so allowed hotels to trade but banned all vacation home check-ins in the state of Florida. No one can work out his thinking...
There are exceptions, any emergency workers are allowed to check in and any rentals for 30 nights plus. May you're ok to book anytime but we have no idea if the ban will be extended, the entire industry has written to the governor asking for common sense to prevail and to allow people to utilize the safety of a private pool and a private vacation home...

Keith

Administrator
Staff member
Id rather be isolating in a vacation home compared to an hotel, the volume of people sharing facilities and coming in close contact is mind blowing
To have a larger home and own pool, and have just my family using the facilities must be more safer than strangers I do not know or trust

Some hotels I have been in rush the cleaning or miss it completely, god knows what bad habits people have, this is why I would only contemplate booking into homes than hotels for my vacations

Keith

Reactions: Joe

Lloyd

yes and also management companies should be delaying the clean 3 days from departure, strongly recommending you confirm that with them so all trace of the virus would be dead in the vacation home anyway. Hotels have a communal pool, shower, water slide and so on. vacation home has a private pool where only your family are swimming so a no brainer really. Lets hope vacation homes are allowed to rent again come 1st May. It is really going to help locals as well who are locked up in a condo or house with nothing fun and no option for kids to exercise, they will be desperate to get the kids to swim all day and just be kids... in a perfectly safe environment...

Joe

I doubt hotels would wait 3 days prior to clean. They start moving people in as your leaving. I’ve been in a hotel on holiday and cleaners came at the same time as check in

Lloyd

That's why the ban is ridiculous and makes you think the people in charge are clueless and clearly manipulated by the big hotel chains. It is so clearly obvious that a vacation home with a private pool is so more safer in the spreading of the virus than a hotel... Anyway, lets hope the ban ends on 1st May so the people of Florida can escape with their kids to find a home with a pool and get some fun and exercise in...

Don't know how the governor can think hotels are more sanitary than villas! All those people opening doors, touching elevator buttons, leaning on reception desks etc. I would definitely prefer a private home to a hotel right now!

Reactions: Joe